NSW Legal Information and Referral Forum
The Legal Referral Forum was established in 2002 to bring together key service providers in NSW who provide referral to clients with legal problems. It was expanded to the Legal Information and Referral Forum (LIRF) in 2006. LIRF meets three times a year. It reports to the NSW Legal Assistance Forum (NLAF) after each meeting.
In 2018, the Foundation ceased as convener of LIRF. This position has been assumed by Legal Aid NSW and the Legal Information Access Centre (LIAC) at the State Library of NSW.
At each meeting, a guest speaker presents on a topic of interest to the group. Each organisation provides an update on their own legal information and referral initiatives. The NLAF Project Manager also updates the group on NLAF's activities and its working groups.
- Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT
- Australian Pro Bono Centre
- Community Legal Centres NSW
- Department of Justice NSW
- Justice Connect
- LawAccess NSW
- Law and Justice Foundation of NSW
- Legal Information Access Centre (LIAC), State Library of NSW
- Legal Aid NSW (including the CLSD Program)
- NSW Legal Assistance Forum (NLAF)
- NSW Local Courts
- Tenants' Union of NSW
- Women’s Legal Services NSW