About the Forum
NSW Legal Information and Referral Forum
The Legal Referral Forum was established in 2002 to bring together key service providers in NSW who provide referral to clients with legal problems. It was expanded to the Legal Information and Referral Forum (LIRF) in 2006. LIRF is convened by Jane Kenny, Grants and Legal Information Manager, Law and Justice Foundation of NSW. It reports to the NSW Legal Assistance Forum after each meeting.
• Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT
• Australian Pro Bono Centre
• Community Legal Centres NSW (including the Community Legal Education Workers network convenors)
• Justice Connect
• LawAccess NSW
• Legal Information Access Centre (LIAC)
• Law and Justice Foundation of NSW
• Legal Aid NSW (including the CLSD Program)
• NSW Department of Justice (including Diversity Services)
• NSW Legal Assistance Forum (NLAF)
• NSW Local Courts
• Tenants' Union of NSW
• Women’s Legal Services NSW
LIRF meets three times a year in Sydney. Meetings are held on Wednesday mornings from 9.30 to midday, usually in March, July and October.
2018 meeting dates
The meeting dates for 2018 are as follows:
- Wednesday 7 March
- Wednesday 25 July
- Wednesday 17 October
Meetings generally run from 9.30 am to midday.
Usually there is a guest speaker discussing legal information and referral in a particular area of interest to the group. Suggestions for topics and speakers are always welcome.
Often a member organisation of LIRF will have a new website, online tool or video to share with the group, sometimes using the group for user testing a resource still in development.
The NLAF Project Manager updates the group on the activities of the Forum and its working groups. There is also time for each participating organisation to provide an update on their own legal information and referral initiatives.
Grants and Legal Information Manager
Law and Justice Foundation of NSW
02 8227 3210