We would like to thank the following people for their helpful comments on an earlier draft of this report:
- Professor Pascoe Pleasence and Dr Nigel Balmer of the Legal Services Research Centre, Legal Services Commission, United Kingdom
- Professor Kathy Laster of the Victoria Law Foundation
- Dr Terry Beed of the Centre for Survey Quality Assurance, NSW
- Mr Louis Schetzer of the Department of Justice, Victoria
- Mr Geoff Mulherin and Dr Anne Grunseit of the Law and Justice Foundation of NSW.
We would also like to acknowledge the assistance of the following Foundation staff:
- Mr Louis Schetzer for his role as project leader in the pilot study (see LJF 2003) and in the earlier stages of the present study during the design and conduct of the survey, and the data cleaning process
- Ms Joanna Mullins for her role in the pilot study and her assistance in the data cleaning for the present survey
- Mrs Yvonne Jackson for her administrative assistance, particularly with table and figure production, and proof reading
- Mr Simon Miller for the desktop publishing of the report.
Finally, we would like to thank all the people who participated in the survey, without whom the present report would not have been possible.